Emergency Justification For:
840 North US 491 (Starbucks)
Dated: 30 Sept 2021
The City of Gallup, New Mexico determined that the following emergency exists. Describe emergency.
There is a major water main break by 840 North US HWY 491, it is in a congested utility area and a significant number of restaurant and retail businesses are without water. Loss of this line results in the following:
- There is a loss of fire protection along a 2 block area for the Heritage Plaza and surrounding businesses.
- Loss of this line effects flow and pressure throughout the Heritage Plaza area and results in significantly lower fire flows for all businesses.
- Loss of this line causes water quality issues for the Heritage Plaza area and surrounding businesses.
The existence of the emergency condition creates an immediate and serious need for services, construction or items of tangible personal property that cannot be met through normal procurement methods and the lack of which would seriously threaten:
- the functioning of government;
- the preservation or protection of property; or
- the health or safety of any person.
Contract award details and required statutory information is as follows:
Name of Agency & Contact Information:
City of Gallup
Frances Rodriguez, CPPB
P.O. Box 1270
Gallup, NM 87305
Name of Contractor & Address:
10 Edeal Road
Los Lunas, NM 87031
Any questions regarding award may be submitted via fax, email, or regular mail using the contact information above (I).
This emergency procurement is per City of Gallup Procurement Code and statutes (NMSA 1978, Section 13-1-127).