Grant Program Award Increase and New Qualifications
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
GALLUP, NM (October 19, 2020) –
The City of Gallup is pleased to announce changes to the Small Business Continuity Grant Program. The program changes are a result of new information from the State of New Mexico Department of Finance and Administration (DFA). In addition, there are some changes to eligibility requirements and reimbursable expenses. Businesses may now apply for up to $30,000 in funding from the City’s program.
Businesses that have already applied will be sent a form to fill out to increase their application budget without having to resubmit their original application.
Any business within the City of Gallup that meets the following UPDATED eligibility criteria (all other criteria described in the application remain the same):
- The business has a current business registration and has been in business since prior to February 1, 2020. Businesses that have been open less than 12 months are required to submit all CRS statements from their open date to present.
- Funds must be used toward overhead costs incurred or estimated as a result of required closures, provided those costs are not paid by insurance or by any other federal, state, or local program. Such costs may include employee wages, rent, or other organization expenses. These costs must be from March 2020- December 2020. A maximum of $30,000 may be requested by the applicant.
- Business revenues do not exceed 2 million dollars in 2019 or anticipated revenues in 2020 will not exceed 2 million.
- Non-profits that apply will be required to submit an addendum explaining the impact of COVID on their organization and whether or not they have seen an increase on operations or remained closed.
The DFA also updated their list of CARES eligible expenses:
- Non-owner employee payroll
- PPE for employees
- Space Reconfiguration- this can include temporary OR permanent physical changes to your space in order to separate customers and employees directly related to COVID safety purposes.
- Temporary structures to mitigate the spread of COVID such as tents or outdoor seating areas.
- Technology- Purchasing web conferencing or other technology to enable COVID safety social distancing and reduced physical contact
- Loss of food product as a result of closures
Note: Grants and budget increases will be processed and awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
The link to the application is www.tinyurl.com/citygrant. The application can also be found on www.gallupnm.gov and thegallupchamber.com.
Contact Jennifer Lazarz, email@example.com, 505-863-1227, with questions about the grant program and application award increases.