Request for Street and Roadway Closures for the Gallup Inter-Tribal Indian Ceremonial Parades and 5K Run/Walk
Dudley Byerley, Gallup Inter-Tribal Indian Ceremonial Board President or his designee, will present the request for street and roadway closures for the following events:
1) Ceremonial 5K Run/Walk to be held on Mendoza Road on Saturday, August 3, 2019 beginning at 7:30 a.m.; and
2) Ceremonial Parades to be held in downtown Gallup on Thursday, August 8, 2019 at 7:30 p.m. and Saturday, August 10, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. A new route is proposed for both parades, beginning at the Gurley Motors Body Shop parking lot on Aztec Avenue, east on Aztec Avenue to 1st Street, north on 1st Street to Coal Avenue, west on Coal Avenue to 11th Street, south on 11 Street to Aztec Avenue and east on Aztec Avenue to the Gurley Motors Body Shop parking lot.
- Fiscal Impact:
- TBD - City staff to provide support services for the events.
- Approve street and roadway closures
- Speaker's Name
- Dudley Byerley or his designee