Discussion: New Website and Features
The current version of www.galluprealtrue.com is now five years old, so it is time for a revamp. City Council approved funding of $65K from the Lodgers Tax reserve to initiate this program. Additionally, we have received a $12K grant from the State of New Mexico Tourism Department pending completion of the project.
Components being added:
- hotel booking (will be added to our current site until the new site is complete)
- travel advisory section
- travel trade/group travel section
- newsletter sign up
- integration into our database
- reducing the amount of text, increasing visuals
- User Generated Content interface
- Restaurant listings include food photos, map to the location, and amenities. As will hotel listings through the direct reservation system.
Addition of a pop up widget that links to an app that can do walking tours of Gallup, that could possibly build out to tablets/touch screens for digital concierge options (https://visitwidget.com
/ check out www.discoverruidoso.com
for the widget in action)
Tentatively in September. Will include doing a new media campaign with a logo refresh, digital marketing, SEO and content creation for the blog (will get quotes in the summer to execute early fall).
What would you like to see added or changed on the site?