Elections and Representatives
The City Clerk serves as the chief election official for the City of Gallup, which includes administration of the city’s regular and special elections.
All city voters are allowed to vote at one of the six designated Voting Convenience Centers on Election Day. Voters will not be assigned to a specific polling place on Election Day.
Regular Municipal Election
The next scheduled regular municipal election will take place on March 3, 2020. The following municipal offices will be elected:
- Mayor (4-year term)
- City Councilor District 2 (4-year term)
- City Councilor District 4 (4-year term)
- Municipal Judge (4-year term)
Click this link for the 2020 Candidate Information Packet
Click this link for the 2020 Municipal Officer Election Proclamation
CITY OF GALLUP MUNICIPAL RUNOFF ELECTION
MARCH 31, 2020
The City of Gallup will conduct a Runoff Election for the office of Mayor on Tuesday,
March 31, 2020.
All city voters may request an Absentee Ballot by calling the City Clerk’s Office at 863-1254. The last day for an Absentee Ballot to be mailed to a voter who has submitted an Application for an Absentee Ballot that has been accepted, will be on Friday, March 27,
2020 at 5:00 P.M.
Early voting will take place at Gallup City Hall, 110 West Aztec Avenue, during regular business hours and days of business beginning Monday, March 23, 2020 through Friday, March 27, 2020. Early voting will also be conducted on Saturday, March 28, 2020 from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Polls on Election Day will open at 7:00 A.M. and close at 7:00 P.M. The following locations have been designated as Voting Convenience Centers:
1. Southside Fire Station #1, 1800 South Second Street.
2. Northside Fire Station #2, 911 West Lincoln Avenue.
3. Eastside Fire Station #3, 3700 Church Rock Street.
4. Westside Fire Station #4, 707 Rico Street.
5. Larry Brian Mitchell Recreation Center, 700 Joseph M. Montoya Blvd.
6. McKinley County Courthouse Rotunda, 207 West Hill Avenue.
Voters will be allowed to cast their ballot at the Voting Convenience Center of their choice on Election Day. Voters will not be assigned to a specific polling place.
ANY QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE RUNOFF ELECTION, PLEASE CALL THE GALLUP CITY CLERK’S OFFICE AT 863-1254.
Gallup City Council Districts
- Learn about the Mayor and City Council
- Map of Districts 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Boundary Line Descriptions for City Council Districts
- Precinct Listings for City Council Districts
Gallup is located in New Mexico's Third Congressional District. Gallup is also served by New Mexico's two members of the United States Senate.
U.S. Congressional Districts
New Mexico State Legislative Districts
In 2011, the state's legislative districts were changed. Visit the New Mexico Legislature website for more information.
New Mexico House of Representatives
Gallup is served by two House districts:
New Mexico Senate
Gallup is served by two Senate districts: