Land Use and Zoning
LAND USE AND ZONING OVERVIEW
Planning & Development is charged with managing the use of land in the City of Gallup. Proper zoning helps avoid incompatible uses within a geographic area and balances protection of private property rights and economic development with concerns for environment and quality of life for community members.
Our 2020 Planning & Zoning Commission Meeting schedule has been released. This schedule details when the meetings are scheduled if an application has been received to be heard before our Planning & Zoning Commission or the deadline to file an appeal.
If you have any questions and or concerns regarding applications, land use and zoning, please contact:
Planning & Development Director
- How is land annexed into the city?
- What are the steps in the annexation process?
- What are the general criteria used to evaluate an annexation request?
- Can there be special requirements for certain annexation requests?
- What are accepted grounds or a basis for re-zoning?
- How can I obtain the ownership and legal description for a parcel?
- What are accepted grounds for a zoning variance?
- I disagree with a decision of the planning department, Can I appeal it?
- What can I do to minimize problems and expedite my requests with the Planning and Zoning Department?