Welcome to Planning and Development
PUBLIC NOTICE - COVID-19 IMPORTANT DEPARTMENT UPDATES
With the recent changes across our state resulting in the COVID-19 pandemic, the Planning & Development Department will be implementing changes that coincides with the New Mexico Department of Health Secretary Kathyleen M. Kunkel’s order. Till such time as the order is lifted, our department will be limiting our contact with the general public.
All documents relating to the Planning and Development Department (Building Permit Applications, Plans, Landuse Applications, etc.) shall be dropped off with security at the interior west entrance of City Hall.
Applications submitted by 3:00 p.m. will be processed the same day. Applications submitted after 3:00 p.m. will be processed the following business day.
Payments – Being that Customer Care is temporarily closed to the public we’re only accepting payments via check or money order.
- Building Permits Fees – Please reference your building permit number on your payment. Please notify our office via telephone when a payment will be submitted. Once we process your payment you will be scheduled a date and time to meet with staff to issue your permit which will be no more than 24 hours after payment has been submitted. As a reminder NO work may commence till you have the signed permit in hand.
- Re-Inspection Fees - Please reference your building permit number on your payment. No inspections will be schedule till your payment has been made to the “City of Gallup”.
- Landuse Application Fees – Please contact Nikki Lee, Planning Specialist at (505) 726-71615 or 863-1240.
Scheduling inspections will still require 24 hour notice. Please plan accordingly.
If you have any questions, you may contact our office Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at (505) 863-1240. Thank you.
2020 PLANNING & ZONING COMMISSION REGULAR MEETING CALENDAR
The 2020 Planning & Zoning Commission Regular Meeting Calendar is now available. Take a moment to review important commission meeting dates to ensure your items are submitted on time for each regularly scheduled monthly meeting. All Planning & Zoning Commission meetings are held at the City Hall Council Chambers located at 110 W. Aztec (NE Corner of 2nd Street and Aztec Avenue).
All Building Permit Applications were updated on September 11, 2019. The new applications are located under the "BUILDING AND CONSTRUCTION" or "DOWNLOAD FORMS" link in the left panel. Each application is a Fillable PDF form that will still require an actual signature prior to submitting.
BUILDING PERMIT APPLICATIONS
All previous building permit applications issued prior to September 11, 2019 are obsolete and will no longer be accepted.
Please begin using the new forms immediately. Thank you.
LAND DEVELOPMENT STANDARDS
In August 2018 the City Council adopted the updated Land Development Standards. And in January 2020 the City Council approved 2 text amendments to the LDS. See Ordinance No. S2020-1 and S2020-2 for details on the text amendments. Illustrations were also added for cluster and co-housing development (new residential uses). To help distinguish from the previous version you will see on the title page and at the bottom of each page it says, "Amended January 2020". To view the Amended Land Development Standards click here.
To view our current City Zoning Map Click the link below:
Official City of Gallup Zoning Map Opens a New Window.
Please see our Agenda Center to download any of the agenda packets.
- Arts and Cultural District Plan Opens a New Window.
- Metropolitan Redevelopment Area Plan Opens a New Window.
- 2016 Growth Management Master Plan Update
- Comprehensive Housing Market Analysis
Opens a New Window.