Welcome to Planning and Development
BUILDING PERMIT APPLICATIONS
1) All building permit applications, may be submitted via electronically with all required documentation. Permit applications will still require signatures from all property owners (mandatory), contractor or architect / engineer indicated on each application prior to submission.
2) Two sets of original building plans are still required to be submitted prior to any review. These can be be hand-delivered to our office here at City Hall. You may also mail your plans to:
City of Gallup
Planning & Development Department
110 W. Aztec Avenue
Gallup, New Mexico 87301
3) Any plan reviews or discussion will be done telephonically by calling (505) 863-1310. If we need to conduct a visual meeting we can schedule through “ZOOM.”
PLANNING & ZONING (Subdivisions & other land use’s)
1) Planning & zoning applications are to be submitted to the Planning & Development Department located on the 2nd Floor of City Hall. Applications will still require signatures from all individuals indicated on each application prior to submission.
Please email your plans to:
2) Any application reviews or discussion will done telephonically by calling (505) 863-1240. If we need to conduct a visual meeting we can schedule through “ZOOM.”
BUSINESS LICENSE APPLICATIONS
1) All completed & signed Business Registration & License Checklists are to be left with security on the 1st Floor of City Hall.
2021 PLANNING & ZONING COMMISSION REGULAR MEETING CALENDARThe 2021 Planning & Zoning Commission Regular Meeting Calendar is now available. Take a moment to review important commission meeting dates to ensure your items are submitted on time for each regularly scheduled monthly meeting. All Planning & Zoning Commission meetings are being temporarily held virtually on the Second Wednesday of each month.
In accordance with the public health order issued by the New Mexico Department of Health, the meeting will be physically closed to the public; however, it will be accessible to the public via the following technology service: Facebook Live Stream through the City of Gallup’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/CityOfGallup
Members of the public may call in with questions and/or comments before or during the meeting at (505) 863-1240. Please leave your name and a return phone number.
Copies of the Agenda are available on the City of Gallup’s website at: https://www.gallupnm.gov/agendacenter.
All Building Permit Applications were updated on September 11, 2019. The new applications are located under the "BUILDING AND CONSTRUCTION" or "DOWNLOAD FORMS" link in the left panel. Each application is a Fillable PDF form that will still require an actual signature prior to submitting.
BUILDING PERMIT APPLICATIONS
All previous building permit applications issued prior to September 11, 2019 are obsolete and will no longer be accepted.
Please begin using the new forms immediately. Thank you.
LAND DEVELOPMENT STANDARDS
In August 2018 the City Council adopted the updated Land Development Standards. And in January 2020 the City Council approved 2 text amendments to the LDS. See Ordinance No. S2020-1 and S2020-2 for details on the text amendments. Illustrations were also added for cluster and co-housing development (new residential uses). To help distinguish from the previous version you will see on the title page and at the bottom of each page it says, "Amended January 2020". To view the Amended Land Development Standards click here.
To view our current City Zoning Map Click the link below:
Official City of Gallup Zoning Map Opens a New Window.
Please see our Agenda Center to download any of the agenda packets.
- Arts and Cultural District Plan Opens a New Window.
- Metropolitan Redevelopment Area Plan Opens a New Window.
- 2016 Growth Management Master Plan Update
- Comprehensive Housing Market Analysis
Opens a New Window.